Do not fill fuel filters with fuel before installing them. Contaminated fuel will cause accelerated wear to fuel system parts. Fuel system should be primed prior to starting the engine.
The water separator element is located in the engine compartment on the right side of the machine.
- Open the engine access door on the right side of the machine.
- Open the drain on the water separator bowl (1). Allow the water and fuel to drain into a suitable container.
- Support the water separator element and rotate the locking ring (2) counterclockwise. Remove the locking ring.
- While the water separator bowl is attached, remove the water separator element from the mounting base.
- Remove the water separator bowl (3) from the filter element. Clean the water separator bowl and clean the O-ring groove.
Note: The water separator bowl is reusable. Do not discard the water separator bowl.
- Inspect the O-ring seal of the water separator bowl for damage. Replace the O-ring seal, if necessary.
- Lubricate the O-ring seal with clean diesel fuel or lubricate the O-ring seal with motor oil. Place the O-ring seal in the water separator bowl.
- Spin the water separator bowl onto the new filter element by hand until the filter element is snug. Do not use tools to tighten the filter element.
- Install the new water separator element. Rotate the locking ring clockwise in order to fasten the filter to the mounting base.
- Prime the fuel system in order to fill the water separator element with fuel. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Fuel System Priming Pump - Operate".