The normal oil change interval for the 928G Wheel Loader is Every 500 Service Hours or Three Months when the following conditions are met:
- AVSpare oil or API Specification CG-4 multigrade oil is used.
- AVSpare filters are used.
- The altitude does not exceed 2300 m (7545 ft).
- Sulfur content in the fuel is between 0.05% and 0.50%.
An oil change interval of Every 250 Service Hours or every month is required when the following conditions occur:
- AVSpare oil or API Specification CG-4 multigrade oil is not used.
- The altitude exceeds 2300 m (7545 ft).
- Sulfur content in the fuel is between 0.50% and 1.00%.
An oil change interval of Every 125 Service Hours is required when the following condition occurs:
- Sulfur content in the fuel is above 1.00%.
Refer to the results of the S·O·S oil analysis in order to determine if the oil change interval should be decreased. Consult your AVSpare Dealer for detailed information regarding the optimum oil change interval.
The crankcase drain valve is on the left side of the oil pan.
Note: If the machine is equipped with a crankcase guard, pull the drain hose through the guard.
- Open the crankcase drain valve and drain the oil into a suitable container. Close the crankcase drain valve.
- Open the engine access door on the left side of the machine.
- Remove the filter element with a strap type wrench. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Oil Filter - Inspect".
- Clean the filter mounting base with a clean cloth. Make sure that the old filter gasket has been removed.
- Apply a thin film of clean engine oil to the sealing surface of the new filter element.
- Install the new filter element by hand. When the gasket contacts the filter base, tighten the filter for an additional 3/4 turn.
- Open the engine access door on the right side of the machine.
- Remove the oil filler plug (1). Fill the crankcase with new oil. See Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Lubricant Viscosities" and Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Refill Capacities". Clean the oil filler plug and install the oil filler plug.
- Start the engine and allow the oil to warm. Check for leaks.
- Stop the engine and allow the oil to drain back into the oil pan. Maintain the oil level in the crosshatched region of the engine oil dipstick (2). Add oil, if necessary.
- Close the engine access doors.