If the machine moves during the test, reduce the engine speed immediately, and engage the parking brake.
If the machine moved while testing the brakes, consult your AVSpare dealer for brake inspection and repair. Damaged brakes must be repaired before returning the machine to operation.
Make sure that the area around the machine is clear of personnel and clear of obstacles.
Test the brakes on a dry, level surface.
Fasten the seat belt before you test the brakes.
The following test is used to determine whether the service brake is functional. This test is not intended to determine the maximum brake holding effort. The brake holding effort of this machine will be different than the brake holding effort of other machines because of variations in the engine setting, in the power train efficiency, and in the brake holding ability.
Compare the engine speed at the beginning of machine movement to the engine speed of a prior test. This will be an indication of the amount of system deterioration.
- Start the engine.
- Raise all implements.
- Depress the brake pedal.
- Select the mode of manual shift.
- Release the parking brake switch.
- While the brake pedal is depressed, move the directional control to the NEUTRAL position.
- Select the THIRD SPEED position. The control panel will indicate "3N".
Note: When you test the brake system, make sure that the transmission is in the THIRD SPEED position. You can depress the button in order to read the speed on the digital display window.
- Select the FORWARD position. The control panel will indicate "3F".
- Gradually increase the engine speed to full load speed. The machine should not move.
- Move the directional control to the NEUTRAL position.
- Move the throttle switch to LOW IDLE. Turn on the parking brake switch. Lower all implements to the ground. Apply a slight down pressure. Stop the engine.
If the machine moved while testing the brakes, contact your AVSpare dealer. Have the dealer inspect and, if necessary, repair the service brake before returning the machine to operation.