Note: This machine was equipped with a seat belt when the machine was shipped from AVSpare. At the time of installation, the seat belt and the instructions for installation of the seat belt meet the SAE J386 standards. See your AVSpare Dealer for all replacement parts.
Always check the condition of the seat belt and the condition of the mounting hardware before you operate the machine.
If the bolt that holds the two parts of the seat belt mounting hooks and the nut that holds the two parts of the seat belt mounting hooks are not correctly installed, the hooks can separate. This allows the seat belt to separate from the belt mounting.
Inspect the hooks on each half of the seat belt in order to make sure that the bolt and the nut are correctly installed.
Remove the old bolt and the old nut, if the bolt and the nut are not correctly installed. Install a new bolt and a new nut.
Seat Belt Adjustment
Adjust both ends of the seat belt. The seat belt should be snug but comfortable.
Lengthening the Seat Belt
- Unfasten the seat belt and move the anticreep slide toward the buckle.
- To remove the slack in outer loop (1), rotate buckle (2). This will free the lock bar. This permits the seat belt to move through the buckle.
- Remove the slack from the outer belt loop by pulling on the buckle.
- Loosen the other half of the seat belt in the same manner. If the seat belt does not fit snugly with the buckle in the center, readjust the seat belt.
Shortening the Seat Belt
- Fasten the seat belt. Pull out on the outer belt loop in order to tighten the seat belt.
- Move the anticreep slide toward the anchor end of the seat belt in order to remove the slack in the outer loop.
- Adjust the other half of the seat belt in the same manner.
- If the seat belt does not fit snugly with the buckle in the center, readjust the seat belt.
Fasten The Seat Belt
Fasten the seat belt catch (3) into the buckle (2). Make sure that the seat belt is placed low across the lap of the operator.
Release The Seat Belt
Pull up on the release lever. This will release the seat belt.
Fastening The Retractable Seat Belt (if equipped)
Pull seat belt (4) out of the retractor in a continuous motion.
Fasten seat belt catch (3) into buckle (2). Make sure that the seat belt is placed low across the lap of the operator.
The retractor will adjust the belt length and the retractor will lock in place. The comfort ride sleeve will allow the operator to have limited movement.
Releasing The Retractable Seat Belt (if equipped)
Push the release button on the buckle in order to release the seat belt. The seat belt will automatically retract into the retractor.