Do not use aerosol types of starting aids such as ether. Such use could result in an explosion and personal injury.
- Move both the transmission directional control lever and the direction control switch (if equipped) into NEUTRAL.
- Lift the steering column tilt lever and move the steering column to the desired position. Release the steering column tilt lever in order to lock the steering column into position.
- Engage the parking brake.
- Move the control levers to the HOLD position.
- Turn the engine start switch key to the ON position. Pause for three seconds so that the secondary steering self-test (if equipped) can test.
- Depress the top of the thermal starting aid switch. The light bar inside the switch will light.
- Wait until the light bar inside the switch goes out. While the throttle is in the fully open position, turn the engine start switch key in order to engage the starter motor. Do not crank the engine for more than 15 seconds.
- If the engine does not start, release the engine start switch key in order to disengage the starter motor. Repeat Steps 6 and 7.
When the engine starts, continue to depress the starting aid switch until the engine runs evenly. Do not depress the starting aid switch for more than 30 seconds after the engine starts.