The auxiliary start receptacle is on the right side of the machine.
Some AVSpare products may be equipped with auxiliary start receptacles. All other machines can be equipped with a receptacle for parts service. A permanent receptacle is always available for jump starting.
There are two cable assemblies that can be used to jump the stalled machine. You can jump the machine from another machine that is equipped with this receptacle or an auxiliary power pack. Your AVSpare dealer can provide the correct cable lengths for your application.
- Determine the failure of the machine to start. Refer to Special Instructions, SEHS7768 on the use of 6V-2150 Starting Charging Analyzer Group. This procedure is also for a machine that does not have a diagnostic connector.
- Place the transmission control in the NEUTRAL position on the stalled machine. Engage the parking brake. Lower all attachments to the ground. Move all controls to the HOLD position.
- On the stalled machine, turn the start switch key to the OFF position. Turn all of the accessories to the OFF position.
- Turn the battery disconnect switch ON.
- Move the machine that is used for the electrical source close to the stalled machine. The cables must reach. DO NOT ALLOW THE MACHINES TO CONTACT EACH OTHER.
- Stop the engine on the machine that is used for the electrical source. When you use an auxiliary power source, turn the charging system to the OFF position.
- On the stalled machine, connect the appropriate jump start cable to the auxiliary start receptacle.
- Connect the other end of this cable to the electrical source. You must connect the cable to the auxiliary start receptacle.
- Start the engine on the machine that is used for the electrical source. Also you can energize the charging system on the auxiliary power source.
- Allow the electrical source to charge the batteries for two minutes.
- Attempt to start the stalled engine. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Engine Starting". See the beginning of this topic.
- Immediately after the stalled engine starts, disconnect the jump start cable from the electrical source.
- Disconnect the other end of this cable from the stalled machine.
- Conclude with a failure analysis on the starting charging system. Check the stalled machine, as required. Check the machine when the engine is running and the charging system is in operation.