- Move the transmission direction control lever to the NEUTRAL position.
- Use the engine start switch key (1) in order to unlock the parking brake. The parking brake switch (2) must be ENGAGED.
- Move the attachment control levers to the HOLD position.
- Turn the battery disconnect switch to the ON position. The battery disconnect switch is inside of the access door on the left side of the machine.
- Return the governor control lever to the LOW IDLE position.
- Turn the key start switch to the ON position. The system performs an automatic self test. When you turn on the start switch key the test is performed. If the test is complete without any faults, proceed to next step. If the system detects a fault, check the electrical system. Make all of the necessary repairs before you start the engine.
- The engine oil pressure light should turn on, and the alternator indicator light should turn on.
- If the ambient temperature is below 10°C (50°F), push in the button for the air inlet heater. Prior to the start-up of the engine, the indicator for the air inlet heater will come on during the heating cycle.
Note: If the ambient temperature is above 10°C (50°F), you do not need to use the air inlet heater. The indicator does not need to go off in order to start the engine.
- When the indicator for the air inlet heater goes off, turn the start switch key to the START position. Crank the engine. Release the key when the engine starts.
Do not crank the engine for more than 30 seconds. Allow the starter to cool for two minutes before cranking again. Turbocharger damage can result if the engine rpm is not kept low until the oil gauge display verifies that the oil pressure is sufficient.