Clean the transmission magnetic screens if the transmission oil pump fails or the transmission is disassembled. Drain the transmission oil before you remove the transmission magnetic screen.
Reference: Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Transmission Oil - Change" for the procedure to drain the transmission oil.
The transmission magnetic screen is located on the left side of the machine.
- Park the machine on level ground. Lower the attachment to the ground and apply slight downward pressure. Engage the parking brake and stop the engine.
- Remove covers (1) and seals (2).
- Remove screen tube assemblies (3) and suction screens (4).
- Wash the screen tube assemblies and the suction screens in clean, nonflammable solvent. Allow the components to dry.
- Install screen tube assemblies (3) and suction screens (4).
- Inspect seals (2) for damage. Replace the seals, if necessary.
- Install seals (2) and covers (1).