Service the air filter only with the engine stopped. Engine damage could result.
Always replace the secondary element. Do not attempt to reuse it by cleaning. Engine damage could result.
Note: Replace the secondary element when you service the primary element for the third time. If a clean primary element has been installed and a warning for the air filter still occurs, replace the secondary element. Also if the exhaust smoke remains black and a clean primary element has been installed, replace the secondary element.
- Remove the primary element.
Reference: Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Engine Air Filter Primary Element - Clean/Replace" for the correct procedure.
Illustration 1 g00864077
- Remove the secondary element.
Illustration 2 g00864079
- Cover the air inlet opening. Clean the inside of the air cleaner housing.
- Inspect the gasket between the air inlet pipe and the air cleaner housing. Replace the gasket if the gasket is damaged.
- Uncover the air inlet opening. Install a new secondary element.
- Install a clean primary element and the cover for the air cleaner housing.
- Close the access door.
- Repeat the procedure for the other air cleaner.