If a radio other than one available from your AVSpare dealer is installed, an in-line fuse must be provided. Failure to do so can damage the electrical system if an electrical short occurs in the radio circuit.
Note: Other radio groups are available. These radio groups can include high performance speakers. If a radio is not installed, a cover is available for the opening. Consult your AVSpare dealer for additional information.
ON/OFF Switch/Volume Control (1) - Turn the knob clockwise in order to turn on the radio or the cassette player. To increase the volume, continue to turn this knob clockwise. Pull the knob and turn the knob counterclockwise in order to balance the speakers. Pull the knob and turn the knob clockwise in order to balance the speakers.
Operating Mode (2) - Select the operating mode.
Tone Control (3) - Turn this knob counterclockwise or turn this knob clockwise. This knob controls the bass tone and the treble tone.
Listen to the Radio
Band (4) - Press the "BAND" button in order to select the band. Choose the FM band or the AM band. The FM band includes FM1 and FM2 .
Manual Tuning Control (5) - Press the right side of the tune button in order to tune the frequency of the radio upward. Press the left side of the tune button in order to tune the frequency of the radio downward.
AUTO Seek Tuning (6) - Press the right side of the button or the left side of the button. Hold down the button for more than 1/2 second. The auto seek tuning will operate. The auto seek tuning stops on the next radio station. Repeat this operation until the desired radio station is found.
Presetting the Radio Stations
Six AM radio stations and 12 FM radio stations can be preset in the electronic memory circuit.
- Select a radio band.
- Manually tune in the radio station or use the auto seek tuning switch in order to tune in the radio station.
- Push in a preset selector for several seconds. Release the preset selector after the frequency display blinks once. Repeat the same steps for the remaining preset selectors.
Scanning Preset Radio Stations
"P-Set" Button (14) - Press the "P-Set" button in order to locate the radio stations that were previously preset into the preset selectors. Each preset radio station is scanned for approximately five seconds and the radio frequency blinks on the display panel. When you reach the desired, preset radio station, press the "P-Set" button or press the preset selector.
- Press the "BAND" button (4) . Select the FM band FM1 or FM2 .
- Press the "P-Set" button and hold down the button for more than two seconds. The radio automatically searches for the first six strongest radio frequencies that are along the frequency band. The radio then registers these radio stations into the preset selectors (1 through 6) of FM2 if you are in the FM band. The preset scan starts at preset selector 1 immediately after the AUTO preset is completed. However, the scanning is limited to FM2 only.
- When you reach the desired radio station, press the "P-Set" button again, or press the AUTO preset selector.
- The previously preset radio stations (1 through 6) at FM2 are erased and the AUTO preset radio stations are memorized.
Play a Cassette Tape
Turn on the power switch (1) .
Tape Program Indicator (7) - The tape program indicator appears on the display panel during the playback of the cassette tape. When the arrow is pointing upward, the top side of the cassette tape is playing. When the arrow is pointing downward, the bottom side of the cassette tape is playing.
Cassette Slot (8) - Hold the cassette with the exposed tape to the right. Insert the tape into the cassette slot. Fully depress the cassette until the cassette is engaged inside the slot. Playback starts automatically when the cassette tape is inserted.
Tape Program Selector (9) - Fully depress both of the buttons in order to select the desired program of play. The program of play is indicated by the tape program indicator. Otherwise, the tape program indicator will change automatically when the cassette tape reaches the end. This change is performed due to the AUTO Reverse system.
Metal Tape Button (10) - Push the metal tape button to the ON position in order to be able to play a metal tape. The MTL indicator appears on the LCD display. Push the button to the OFF position in order to play a standard cassette tape. The MTL indicator will turn off.
Fast Forward (11) - Push this button in order to fast forward the cassette tape. If you push the fast forward button, the upward button blinks on the display panel. In order to stop fast forwarding the cassette tape, push down the rewind button halfway.
Rewind Button (12) - Push this button in order to rewind the cassette tape. If you push the rewind button, the downward arrow blinks on the display panel. In order to stop rewinding, push down the fast forward button .
Eject Button (13) - Fully press the button in order to stop the playback and resume the radio operation. The cassette player will eject the cassette tape.
If the cassette is not ejected manually, the AUTO Reverse will operate. Playback will continue on the other side of the cassette tape.
Note: Always remove the cassette from the cassette slot when you are not using the radio.
Set the Time
The clock operates on a 12 hour system.
- Turn the power switch to the ON position. The radio frequency will show on the LCD display.
- Hold down the "BAND" button (4) for more than 2 seconds. The LCD display will show a flashing "1:00".
- While the time is blinking, set the time. Set the time by pressing tune button (5) . Press the left side of tune button (5) in order to set the hour. Press the right side of tune button (5) in order to set the minutes. If you depress the tune button more than 1/2 second, the minutes or the hours will rapidly scroll. This will occur until the tune button is released.