At operating temperature, the hydraulic tank is hot and under pressure.
Hot oil and components can cause personal injury. Do not allow hot oil or components to contact skin.
Remove the filler cap only when the engine is stopped, and the filler cap is cool enough to touch with your bare hand. Remove the filler cap slowly in order to relieve pressure.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the machine. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Tools and Shop Products Guide", for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids in AVSpare machines.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Lower the bulldozer and the ripper to the ground.
Illustration 1 g00040344
- Slowly remove the hydraulic tank filler cap in order to relieve the system pressure.
Illustration 2 g00040380
- Remove the cover mounting bolts.
- Remove the cover, the screen, and the filter assembly.
- Remove the retaining nut and the screen.
- Remove the filter elements. Properly discard the filter elements.
If the stud was loosened during the removal of the retaining nut, tighten the stud to a torque of
55 ± 7 N·m (40 ± 5 lb ft).
- Clean the cover and the screen in a clean nonflammable solvent.
- Inspect the cover seal and the seal on top of the tank. Replace the seals if the seals are damaged.
- Install a new filter element.
- Install the screen and the retaining nut.
- Install the cover and the filter assembly. Tighten the cover mounting bolts to a torque of
45 ± 7 N·m (32 ± 5 lb ft).Show/hide table Illustration 3 g00040343
- Maintain the hydraulic oil to the "FULL" mark in the sight gauge.
- Install the hydraulic tank filler cap.