At operating temperature, the hydraulic tank is hot and under pressure.
Hot oil and components can cause personal injury. Do not allow hot oil or components to contact skin.
Remove the filler cap only when the engine is stopped, and the filler cap is cool enough to touch with your bare hand. Remove the filler cap slowly in order to relieve pressure.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the machine. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Tools and Shop Products Guide", for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids in AVSpare machines.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Operate the machine in order to warm the oil.
Park the machine on level ground. Lower the blade to the ground and apply slight downward pressure. Engage the parking brake and stop the engine.
- Remove the hydraulic tank filler cap slowly in order to relieve any pressure.
- Clean the filler strainer and the filler cap in a clean nonflammable solvent.
Illustration 2 g00100010
- Remove the oil drain plug. The oil drain plug is on the front of the hydraulic tank.
- Attach a hose to a 126-7914 Swivel. Install the swivel and the hose into the drain plug opening. A pipe nipple
10 cm (4 inch)and a hose can also be used. Use a 25.4 mm (1 inch)pipe with 1-11 1/2 NPTF threads. Do not tighten the pipe.
- Rotate the swivel clockwise in order to open the internal drain valve. Allow the oil to drain into a suitable container.
- Remove the swivel. The valve for the hydraulic tank will close.
- Clean the drain plug and install the drain plug. Tighten the drain plug to a torque of
68 ± 7 N·m (50 ± 5 lb ft). Install the oil drain plug cover.
- Change the hydraulic system filter. See Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Hydraulic System Oil Filter - Replace".
- Install the filler strainer.
- Fill the hydraulic oil tank. See Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Refill Capacities" in order to determine the amount of hydraulic oil that is needed to fill the hydraulic oil tank.
- Inspect the filler cap gasket. Replace the gasket if damage or wear is evident.
Illustration 3 g00040343
- Install the filler cap.
- Start the engine. Run the engine for a few minutes.
- Maintain the oil level to the "FULL" mark in the sight gauge. Add oil, if necessary.
- Stop the engine.