Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Tools and Shop Products Guide" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on AVSpare products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Operate the machine in order to warm the transmission oil.
- Park the machine on level ground. Lower the blade to the ground and apply slight downward pressure.
- Engage the parking brake. Stop the engine.
- Open both of the access doors behind the cab.
- Remove the filter housing drain plug and allow the oil to drain into a suitable container.
- Use a strap type wrench to remove the filter housing.
- Remove the used filter element from the filter housing. Dispose of the used element properly.
- Clean the drain plug, the filter housing, and the filter housing base with a clean, nonflammable solvent.
- Inspect the filter housing seal. Replace the seal if the seal is damaged.
- Insert the new filter element into the filter housing.
- Install the filter housing.
- Start the engine. Apply the service brake. Only use the right brake pedal.
- Slowly operate the transmission controls in order to circulate the oil.
- Move the transmission control to the NEUTRAL position. Engage the parking brake. Inspect the entire transmission system for leaks.
- Check the transmission oil level.
Reference: Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Transmission Oil Level - Check" for the correct procedure.
- Close the access doors.