Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Tools and Shop Products Guide" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on AVSpare products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Your machine may be equipped with a high speed arrangement for changing the engine oil. The high speed arrangement allows the engine oil to be changed faster than the conventional method.
- Open the access door behind the cab.
- Remove the cap that protects the male coupler. Connect an oil pump to the fitting.
- Turn on the oil pump and withdraw the engine oil from the engine crankcase.
- Open the access cover on the right side of the machine.
- Use a strap type wrench to remove both of the used oil filter elements.
- Clean the filter mounting base with a clean cloth.
- Apply a thin film of clean engine oil to the sealing surface of each new filter element.
- Install the new filter elements hand tight. When the gasket contacts the filter base, tighten the filter by an additional 3/4 turn.
- Clean the end of the male coupler for the high speed arrangement. Connect an oil pump to the male coupler. Fill the crankcase with new oil.
Reference: Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Lubricant Viscositites and Refill Capacities" for the type of lubricant and for the refill capacity.
- Clean the end of the male coupler and the cap that covers the male coupler. Install the cap.
- Start the engine and allow the oil to warm. Check the machine for oil leaks.
- Check the engine oil level.
Reference: Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Engine Oil Level - Check" for the correct procedure.