Inhaling air conditioner refrigerant gas through a lit cigarette or other smoking method or inhaling fumes released from a flame contacting air conditioner refrigerant gas can cause bodily harm or death. Do not smoke when servicing air conditioners or wherever refrigerant gas may be present.
- Start the engine and run the engine at high idle.
- Set the air conditioner switch knob to the setting for maximum cooling. Set the fan speed switch knob to HIGH.
- Allow the air conditioning system to stabilize for two minutes.
- Remove the access cover on the right side of the machine.
- To check the system for refrigerant, feel suction line (1) and discharge line (2) .
If the system contains refrigerant, the discharge line (2) will be warmer than the suction line (1) .
If the system does not contain refrigerant or the system is very low on refrigerant, poor cooling will result.