Note: If the machine configuration changes, the parking brakes must be tested.
Check the area around the machine. Make sure that the machine is clear of personnel and clear of obstacles.
Put the steering frame lock in the UNLOCKED position.
Fasten the seat belt before checking the parking brake.
The following tests are used to determine if the parking brake is functional on a specified grade or a specified slope. These tests are not intended to measure the maximum brake holding effort. Read all the steps before you perform the following procedure.
Position the machine on the incline of the slope, but near the base of the slope to check the parking brake. The test position should be 40 percent or a 22 degree slope.
- Start the engine. Refer to the Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Engine Starting" for information on starting the engine.
- Raise the leveling blade. Move the machine into the test position.
- Place the throttle control into the LOW IDLE position.
- Engage the parking brake.
The machine should not move under the following conditions.
- The engine is at low idle.
- The direction selector is in the NEUTRAL position.
- The parking brake is engaged.
- The machine is positioned on the specified slope.
Personal injury can result if the machine moves while testing.
If the machine begins to move, use the service brake to stop the machine. Release the parking brake and move the machine to a level surface.
- Park the machine on a level surface. Lower the leveling blade to the ground.
- Stop the engine.
If the machine moved during the brake test, consult your AVSpare dealer.
The dealer must inspect the brake system and make any necessary repairs before the machine is returned to operation.