The Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) filter is located on the bottom of the Pump Electronics Tank Unit (PETU). The PETU is located on the right side of the machine.
Ensure that the engine is stopped before any servicing or repair is performed.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Cat Dealer Service Tool Catalog" or refer to Special Publication, PECJ0003, "Cat Shop Supplies and Tools Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Remove the diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) filter cap (3) with a
27 mm (1.06 inch)wrench.
- Remove the rubber cone insert (2) from the DEF filter (1).
Illustration 3 g03332637 Typical Example
- Insert the DEF filter removal tool (4) into the DEF filter (1) and remove the DEF filter (1).
Note: Wear gloves when you handle the DEF filter removal tool (4).
- Clean the area around the filter housing.
- Apply a thin coat of 207-1601 Lubricant to the seals of the new DEF filter (1).
- Install new DEF filter (1) and rubber cone insert. Torque the filter to
20 ± 5 N·m (14.8 ± 3.7 lb ft)with a 27 mm (1.06 inch)wrench.