For implement coupler tools not requiring third valve hydraulics
If operator or any person is in the cab and at the controls, clear all personnel from the machine and the area while performing all steps listed in operating techniques.
Attaching Front Implements
- 1. Disengage the coupler locking pins by moving and holding the coupler control switch to the unlock position. (see fig. 1)
- 2. Engage top coupler tube into implement top hooks by tilting the coupler forward. Tilt the coupler forward by pushing tilt lever forward. (See fig 2)
NOTE: Make sure that the top coupler tube is below the level of the hooks on the implement to be attached by adjusting the loader arm height
- 3. Drive machine forward slowly, aligning the implement hooks with the coupler tube.
- 4. Pull the lift lever back to slightly raise coupler. Raise loader arms until coupler tube contacts the implement hooks and implement is lifted slightly.
NOTE: Make sure the implement is level from side to side.
- 5. Align implement retaining holes with coupler pins by pulling the tilt lever back until the implement squarely rests against the coupler face.
- 6. Engage coupler locking pins into implement retaining holes by moving the coupler switch to the lock position. (see fig. 1)
NOTE: Visually check that the coupler locking pins are engaged into implement retaining holes (see fig. 2). Insure implement is engaged by following steps 7 through 9
- 7. Push the tilt lever forward to tilt the implement down.
- 8. Push the tilt lever forward to put down pressure on the implement.
- 9. Back the machine and make sure there is no movement between the implement and the coupler.
NOTE: This is the only positive indication that the coupler locking pins have fully engaged the implement retainer holes.
Improper attachment of implements could result in injury or death. Do not operate this machine until you have positive indication that the coupler pins are fully engaged.