The batteries are located in the compartments at the right and left hand sides of the rear bumper assembly.
Starting Engine From External Power Source
Because the batteries are located in separate compartments, the following procedure must be followed when starting engine from an external power source:
When starting from another machine, make sure machines do not touch. This prevents sparks near the battery, which could ignite hydrogen gas and explode battery.
Always wear eye protection when starting machine from external power source.
To prevent possible personal injury, use care when removing cables from machine that has been started. Do not allow cable ends to contact each other or the machine.
- 1. Machine to be started must be parked on level ground and all equipment lowered with slight down pressure.
- 2. If this is not possible, wheels must be blocked securely, so machine cannot move.
Voltage of external power source must be equal to voltage of battery system in the machine to be started.
Be sure the main disconnect switch and the power switch are in the OFF position, and keys removed, before attaching jumper cables to machine to be started.
Connect batteries in parallel: POSITIVE (+) to POSITIVE (+) and NEGATIVE (-) to NEGATIVE (-).
- 3. Attach one cable to ungrounded, POSITIVE (+), terminal of battery on left side of machine to be started.
- 4. Attach opposite end of cable to POSITIVE (+) terminal of external starting source.
- 5. Attach second cable to NEGATIVE (-) terminal of starting source.
Always make the last connection to the ground terminal. NEVER make the last connection to a battery terminal.
- 6. Attach remaining cable end to the negative terminal (black) on the starter motor. Turn ON disconnect switch (located on left-hand side rear engine panel).
Start machine from operator's seat only with seat and steering column adjusted, so all controls can easily be reached. NO other method for starting from an external power source may be used safely.
- 7. Start engine. See STARTING THE ENGINE.
- 8. After engine starts, remove cable attached to starter motor terminal first. Remove opposite end of cable from starting source.
- 9. Remove cable from POSITIVE (+) terminal of battery on machine started. Remove opposite end of cable from starting source.