Do not move machine without normal air pressure.
- 1. Be sure seat belt is fastened.
- 2. Push emergency brake button, or move parking brake control lever to release position.* Do not move machine until low air pressure light goes off and brake button remains depressed.
*If equipped with parking/emergency brake system, move lever to EMERGENCY position for at least 3 seconds before moving lever to RELEASE (see page 33 for additional information).
- 3. Depress brake pedal. Pull lever to raise bowl.
- 4. Move scraper transmission control switch to RUN.
Check to be sure area is clear of personnel and obstructions.
- 5. Push and turn transmission safety lock to OFF. Pull transmission control lever to desired speed.
- 6. Release brake pedal. Depress tractor and scraper accelerator pedals.
NOTE: It is possible to start the engine when the transmission selector lever is in other than NEUTRAL. When the machine is started with selector lever in other than NEUTRAL, the machine will not move. Should this happen, move the selector lever to NEUTRAL then to desired speed range.
Scraper engine must be running anytime machine is moving to provide lubrication to rear components.
Scraper Engine Warning Light
If light comes on, move transmission control switch to NEUTRAL. Stop machine and restart scraper engine.
Transmission Synchronization Light
If light comes on, move transmission control switch to NEUTRAL. Stop machine. Investigate and correct cause.
Parking/Emergency Brake Systems
- 1. If parking brake does not release, move lever to EMERGENCY position. Push governor override button to raise air pressure to 150 PSI.
- 2. Release override button and move lever to RELEASE.
If low air pressure warning light comes on, or emergency warning horn sounds, stop the machine immediately.
To stop machine if the service brakes do not; push emergency brake lever to EMERGENCY position, or ...
... pull emergency button.
Brakes will automatically apply if air pressure drops below safe operating pressure.
If the machine is stopped on a steep grade by the emergency system, do not release brakes.
After an emergency stop, wait until air pressure gauge registers NORMAL before moving the machine. If air pressure gauge will not register NORMAL have the air system checked.
Changing Gear Speed and Direction
Machine must be stopped and engine at low idle before pushing transmission control into REVERSE.
First, second and reverse speeds are converter drive, and are selected manually.
Select highest usable speed. Transmission will automatically upshift and downshift between second and the selected speed during operation.
Never downshift with engine speed above 1800 RPM. Downshift only one speed at a time.
Depress Transmission Hold pedal to keep transmission from up-shifting. Pedal may be used when entering a curve, approaching a grade, during loading or while spreading.
Improper downshifting can cause sudden reduction in travel speed.
Use hydraulic retarders and/or service brakes to reduce speed before entering sharp turns, fill areas and downgrades.
Do not move transmission control lever with transmission HOLD applied.
Never coast downgrade. Keep transmission engaged.