Lubricate 9 fittings under seat.
(22)Hydraulic Oil System
- 1. Drain system when oil is warm, all equipment lowered, engine stopped and brake lock applied.
- 2. Remove filler cap slowly to relieve any pressure.
- 3. Remove tank drain plug.
- 4. Open drain valve to drain tank.
- 5. Remove filler screen lock ring. Remove screen.
- 6. Wash screen in clean solvent.
- 7. Install screen and lock ring.
- 8. Install new filter elements. See item 16.
- 9. Close drain valve and install drain plug.
- 10. Fill tank to above ADD mark in sight gauge. See Refill Capacities.
- 11. Check oil level several times during the first day of operation.
(23)Diesel Engine Valve Lash
Always install lift arm support bracket before servicing engine area.
Check and adjust with engine stopped.
Always turn flywheel in direction of normal rotation. Do not use starting motor to turn flywheel.
- 1. Remove camshaft cover.
- 2. Remove plug.
- 3. Turn flywheel to close No. 1 exhaust and inlet valves and allow bolt (3/8 - 16 NC) to be installed in flywheel.
- 4. Check lash for No. 1, No. 3 and No. 5 exhaust valves. Adjust if necessary. (See below.)
- 5. Check lash for No. 1, No. 2 and No. 4 inlet valves. Adjust if necessary.
- 6. Remove bolt.
- 7. Rotate flywheel 360° to close No. 6 exhaust and inlet valves and allow bolt to be installed in flywheel.
- 8. Check lash for No. 2, No. 4 and No. 6 exhaust valves. Adjust if necessary.
- 9. Check lash for No. 3, No. 5 and No. 6 inlet valves. Adjust if necessary.
- 10. Remove bolt.
- 11. Install plug.
- 12. Install camshaft cover.
Adjusting Valve Lash
- 1. Insert a cross point (Phillips) screwdriver into hole in side of cam follower.
- 2. Turn screwdriver clockwise to increase lash or counterclockwise to decrease lash.
(24)Cooling System - Changing Antifreeze Solution(1)
NOTE: When permanent antifreeze and water solutions are used in the cooling system, the solution should be drained and replaced every 2000 hours, or yearly.
When additions of inhibitor are made to the cooling system every 500 hours, or three months, it is not necessary to drain and refill yearly.
Whenever draining and refilling the cooling system, always recheck the coolant level when the engine reaches normal operating temperature.
Use clean water that is low in scale forming minerals - not softened water.
Check specific gravity of antifreeze solution frequently in cold weather to assure adequate protection.
Add AVSpare Corrosion Inhibitor. Follow recommendations given on container.
Inhibitor contains alkali, avoid contact with skin and eyes.
NOTE: The engine cooling system is protected to -20°F (-29°C), with permanent-type antifreeze, when shipped from the factory.
- 1. Run engine until coolant is at operating temperature. Park machine on level ground and stop engine.
- 2. Loosen filler cap slowly to release pressure. Remove filler cap.
- 3. Open radiator drain valve and allow coolant to drain.
- 4. Remove drain plug from engine oil cooler.
- 5. Install engine oil cooler drain plug.
- 6. Close radiator drain valve.
- 7. Mix antifreeze solution to provide protection to the lowest expected ambient temperature.
- 8. Add coolant slowly to proper level.
- 9. Install radiator filler cap.
- 10. Start machine. Recheck coolant level after operating for a short period.
(1)If machine is to be stored in or shipped to an area with below freezing temperatures, cooling system must be drained completely, or protected to lowest expected ambient temperature.