(17)Transmission, Bevel Gear And Steering Clutch Compartment
Transmission oil must be warm, engine stopped, bucket on ground and brake lock applied.
- 1. Remove transmission and bevel gear compartment drain plug. Drain compartment.
- 2. Remove steering clutch compartments drain plugs. Drain compartments.
- 3. Clean and install all drain plugs.
- 4. Lower hinged guard.
- 5. Remove converter screen housing drain plug. Drain housing.
- 6. Remove cover and screen.
- 7. Separate cover and screen. Wash screen in clean solvent. Clean drain plug.
- 8. Assemble screen to cover. Inspect gaskets. Install new gaskets if necessary, then install drain plug and cover in converter.
- 9. Closed hinged guard.
- 10. Change filter elements and breather, wash magnetic strainer (see item 9).
- 11. Fill compartment. See Refill Capacities.
- 12. Check oil level and add oil if required. Operate Traxcavator a few minutes and recheck oil level.
(18)Diesel Fuel Tank
Open fuel tank drain valve and drain water and sediment. Close valve.
Lubricate 2 fittings.
- 1. Remove final drive fill plugs.
- 2. Remove final drive drain plugs and drain compartment.
- 3. Remove breathers. Install new breathers.
- 4. Clean and install drain plugs.
- 5. Fill compartment to level of fill plug openings. See Refill Capacities.
- 6. Clean and install fill plugs. Check oil level after a few minutes operation. Add oil as required.