(29)Differentials And Final Drives
Machine level, bucket lowered and parking brake set.
- 1. Position each wheel with drain plug down. Remove drain plugs and allow final drive oil to drain.
- 2. Remove front differential drain plug and allow oil to drain.
- 3. Remove rear differential drain plug, and allow oil to drain.
- 4. Clean and install differential and final drive drain plugs.
- 5. Remove final drive fill plugs.
- 6. Fill final drives to bottom of filler openings. Clean and install plugs.
- 7. Remove front differential fill plug. Fill to bottom of filler opening. Clean and install plug.
- 8. Remove rear differential level check plug and filler tube cap (breather). Fill to bottom of check plug opening. Clean and install check plug and filler tube cap.
Machine level, oil warm, engine stopped, bucket lowered and parking brake set.
- 1. Move hydraulic controls to help relieve system pressure.
- 2. Remove main tank filler cap slowly to relieve pressure.
- 3. Remove tank drain cover and allow to drain.
- 4. Remove front tank access plate from front guard structure.
- 5. Remove tank filler cap slowly to relieve pressure.
- 6. Remove front guard lower plate.
- 7. Remove front tank drain valve plug, open valve and allow to drain.
- 8. Remove filler strainer retainer rings from both tanks and remove strainers.
- 9. Wash strainers in clean solvent.
- 10. Install strainers and retainer rings.
- 11. Change pilot, main tank and front tank filter elements (see item 17).
- 12. Close front tank drain valve and clean and install valve plug.
- 13. Clean and install main tank drain cover.
- 14. Fill both main and front tanks to top of filler screens.
- 15. Install filter caps on both tanks.
- 16. Install plates on front guard structure.
- 17. Start engine and allow it to run a short while to allow hydraulic oil to circulate.
- 18. Raise bucket and tilt it forward.
- 19. Return bucket and lower it to ground.
- 20. Check oil level sight gauge. Add oil if necessary.
(31)Steering Shaft And Universals
Lubricate 3 fittings.
(32)Engine Valve Lash
Valve Numbering Guide
Valve Lash Setting
- 1. Adjust valves with engine stopped.
- 2. Remove camshaft covers.
- 3. Remove cover from flywheel housing.
- 4. Remove flywheel turning pinion and spacer.
- 5. Install pinion without spacer.
- 6. Turn pinion to align hole in flywheel housing with hole in flywheel.
- 7. Install 3" (76 mm) bolt (removed in step 3) in flywheel.
The valves for No. 1 or No. 11 cylinder are closed at this point.
If the valves for No. 1 cylinder are closed --
Adjust exhaust valves 1,4,5,6,9 and 12.
Adjust inlet valves 1,3,6,7,10 and 12.
If valves for No. 11 cylinder are closed --
Adjust exhaust valves 2,3,7,8,10 and 11.
Adjust inlet valves 2,4,5,8,9 and 11.
- 8. Turn adjusting screw clockwise until it contacts valve stem. Turn screw counterclockwise specified number of clicks on detent (Page 25).
- 9. Remove bolt from flywheel and turn flywheel 360°.
- 10. Install bolt in flywheel. Adjust remaining valves.
- 11. Remove bolt from flywheel.
- 12. Remove pinion. Install spacer and pinion. Install access plate.
- 13. Start engine and check valve rotators. If valves do not rotate, see your AVSpare dealer.
- 14. Stop engine and install camshaft covers.