(29)Governor Control Linkage
Lubricate 1 fitting.
(30)Steering Clutch And Brake Pedal Bearings
Lubricate 5 fittings. Lubrication fittings removed on Traxcavators Serial Numbers 86J1810 and up.
(31)Hydraulic Control System - Change Oil and Wash Filler Screen
- 1. Fully raise and dump bucket.
- 2. Stop engine. Remove fill cap slowly.
- 3. Remove drain plug and drain oil.
- 4. Lower bucket onto a support approximately 54 inches (1370 mm) high, place vertically under the spill plate.
- 5. Position tilt control in TILT BACK and lift control in LOWER.
- 6. Lower bucket onto a 13 inch (330 mm) block positioned under the bucket cutting edge.
- 7. Remove 54 inch (1370 mm) support and lower bucket to the ground.
- 8. Remove filler screen and wash in clean solvent.
- 9. Replace cover gasket.
- 10. Install filler screen.
- 11. Install new filter elements. (see item 21).
- 12. Clean and install drain plug.
- 13. Fill hydraulic tank until oil is visible in sight gauge. (Refill capacity on page 35.)
- 14. Install filler cap finger tight.
- 15. Open bleed valve.
- 16. Start engine and close bleed valve when oil flow is free of air bubbles.
- 17. Raise the bucket to 1/3 the total lift distance and move tilt control to dump the bucket.
NOTE: Release tilt control when bucket travel stops.
Do not place lift control in FLOAT.
- 18. Add oil to bring level into sight gauge.
- 19. Move bucket control to TILT BACK.
- 20. Open bleed valve.
- 21. Close bleed valve when oil flow is free from air bubbles.
- 22. Fully raise bucket, then lower bucket to the ground.
- 23. Add oil as necessary until oil is visible in sight gauge.
- 24. Operate engine at high idle. Move controls through the following sequence: RAISE, DUMP, TILT BACK and LOWER. Repeat the procedure several times.
- 25. Check oil level and bleed the system several times during the first day of operation.
(32)Engine Valve Lash - Check - Adjust
Check and adjust with engine stopped.
- 1. Remove valve cover.
Turn flywheel slowly to allow installation of bolt ... DO NOT use starting motor.
- 2. Remove plug.
- 3. Turn flywheel to close No. 1 exhaust and inlet valves and ...
- 4. Allow bolt (Part No. L2070) to be installed in flywheel.
- 5. Check valve lash for No. 1 and No. 3 exhaust valves. Adjust if necessary (See page 27).
- 6. Check valve lash for No. 1 and No. 2 inlet valves. Adjust if necessary.
- 7. Remove bolt.
- 8. Rotate flywheel 360° to close No. 4 exhaust and inlet valves and ...
- 9. Allow bolt to be installed in flywheel.
- 10. Check valve lash for No. 2 and No. 4 exhaust valves. Adjust if necessary.
- 11. Check valve lash for No. 3 and No. 4 inlet valves. Adjust if necessary.
- 12. Remove bolt from flywheel.
- 13. Install plug.
- 14. Start engine.
- 15. Stop engine and install valve cover. Tighten bolts to 6 - 10 lb. ft. (0,83 - 1.39 mkg) in the following sequence ...
Valve Cover Bolt Tightening Sequence
NOTE: Do not overtighten.
Adjusting Valve Lash
- 1. Loosen locknut.
- 2. Turn adjusting screw.
- 3. Check adjustment.
- 4. Tighten locknut.
- 5. Recheck adjustment.
- 6. Remove bolt.