- 1. Oil should be warm before draining. Remove drain plug.
- 2. Remove breather and wash in clean kerosene.
- 3. Oil breather element lightly and install breather.
- 4. Install drain plug.
- 5. Change filter element and wash magnetic strainer. See item (21).
- 6. Fill compartment. Refill capacity on page 28.
- 7. Start engine and check oil level. Oil should be up to FULL mark on gauge.
(31)Front And Rear Differentials And Final Drives
- 1. Position wheels with drain plugs down. Remove plugs and allow oil to drain.
- 2. Remove front and rear differential drain plugs and allow oil to drain.
- 3. Clean and install differential drain plugs.
- 4. Clean and install front final drive drain plugs.
- 5. Remove front differential fill plug and add oil to level of plug opening. Refill capacity on page 28. Install fill plug.
- 6. Position rear wheels with OIL LEVEL mark horizontal.
- 7. Remove rear differential fill plug and add oil to level of check plug openings in final drive covers. Refill capacity on page 28. Install fill and check plugs.
- 8. Oil may be added through final drive covers to speed filling.
Lubricate 2 fittings on each front wheel.
Lubricate 1 fitting on each rear wheel.
(33)Drive Shaft Yokes And Universal Joints
Lubricate 1 fitting on front universal joint. Lubricate 1 fitting on front yoke until grease appears at relief valve.
Lubricate 1 fitting on each intermediate drive shaft universal joint.
Lubricate 1 fitting on each rear universal joint. Lubricate 1 fitting on rear yoke until grease appears at relief valve.