- 1. Run engine long enough to warm the oil. Stop engine and open drain valve.
- 2. Remove filter drain plug.
- 3. Remove cover and old element.
- 4. Check cover seal. Install new seal if necessary.
- 5. Install new filter element. Install filter cover and drain plug.
- 6. Close crankcase drain valve.
- 7. Remove breather. Wash breather in clean kerosene.
- 8. Check seal. Install breather. Tighten bolt to 10 ± 2 lb. ft. (1,4 ± 0,3 mkg).
- 9. Fill crankcase. Refill capacity on page 28.
- 10. Check oil level. Oil should be in the crosshatched area on the ENGINE STOPPED side of gauge. Recheck oil level after operating a few minutes.
- 1. Remove plate for access to filter.
- 2. Remove filter cover and element.
- 3. Remove old element from cover and install a new element.
- 4. Install element and cover.
- 5. Remove cover and spring from magnetic strainer.
- 6. Remove screen and magnets. Wash screen in clean kerosene. Clean magnets with a stiff bristle brush or clean cloth. Do not drop or rap magnets.
- 7. Inspect seal and install a new one if necessary. Install magnets, screen, spring and cover.
- 8. Start engine and check oil level. Oil level should be to FULL mark on gauge.
- 9. Add oil if necessary.
(22)Steering Gear Housing And Shaft Lower Bearing
- 1. Maintain oil level to fill plug opening.
- 2. Remove plug and lubricate with 2 or 3 squirts of oil from an oil can. Install plug.
Lubricate 1 fitting.
(24)Steering Follow-Up Linkage
Lubricate 2 fittings.
Remove plug and drain any accumulation of sediment or moisture.
(26)Fan And Alternator Belts
- 1. Check condition of belts. Always install a matched set when belts need replacing.
- 2. Check adjustment. Correct adjustment allows 7/8 inch (22 mm) deflection. Initial installation with new belts 3/4 inch (19 mm).
- 3. Loosen mounting bolts and move alternator to adjust belts. Tighten bolts.