Adjust all mirrors as specified in the Operation and Maintenance Manual. Failure to heed this warning can lead to personal injury or death.
Slips and falls can result in personal injury. Use the machine's access systems when adjusting the mirrors. If the mirrors cannot be reached using the machine access systems follow the instructions found within the Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Mirror" in order to access the mirrors.
Note: Your machine may not be equipped with all of the mirrors that are described in this topic.
(1) Left Mirror (If Equipped)
(2) Rear View Mirror
(3) Right Mirror (If Equipped)
Mirrors provide additional visibility around your machine. Make sure that the mirrors are in proper working condition and that the mirrors are clean. Adjust all mirrors at the beginning of each work period and adjust the mirrors when you change operators.
The appropriate job site organization is also recommended in order to minimize visible hazards. For more information refer to this Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Visibility Information".
Modified Machines or machines that have additional equipment or attachments may influence your visibility.
- Park the machine on a level surface.
- Lower the work tool to the ground.
- Move the hydraulic lockout control to the LOCKED position. For further details on this procedure, refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Operator Controls".
- Stop the engine.
- Adjust rear view mirrors in order to provide visibility behind the machine at a maximum distance of
30 m (98 ft)from the rear corners of the machine.
Note: You may need to use hand tools in order to adjust certain types of mirrors.
If equipped, adjust the left mirror (1) for maximum field of view for the work site conditions.
If equipped, adjust the rear view mirror (2) for maximum field of view for the work site conditions.
If equipped, adjust the right mirror (3) for maximum field of view for the work site conditions.