Failure to use an appropriate external ladder or an appropriate platform for direct access to the rear view camera could result in slipping and falling which could result in personal injury or death. Be sure to use an appropriate external ladder or an appropriate platform for direct access to the rear view camera.
The machine's counterweight and the engine hood are not approved as a maintenance platforms.
Unexpected machine movement can cause injury or death.
In order to avoid possible machine movement, move the hydraulic lockout control to the LOCKED position and attach a Special Instruction, SEHS7332, "Do Not Operate" or similar warning tag to the hydraulic lockout control.
When maintenance or servicing of the rear view camera is required follow these steps.
- Park the machine on a level surface.
- Place the work tool on the level surface.
- Move the hydraulic lockout control to the Locked position.
- Turn the engine start switch to the OFF position and remove the engine start switch key.
- Turn the battery disconnect switch to theOFF position and remove the battery disconnect switch key.
If necessary, clean the camera lens before you operate the machine. Use a soft cloth for cleaning.
If the camera displays an undesired view, adjust the area of the visibility.
- Unfasten the 2 bolts (1).
Illustration 2 g01952933
- Adjust the area of the visibility of the camera so that a
1.5 m (5 ft 11 inch)tall obstacle which is 1 m (3 ft)behind the counterweight can be seen.
- Tighten the 2 bolts (1) to a torque of
0.5 ± 0.05 N·m (4 ± 0.4 lb in).
In order to maintain sufficient vision, keep the Work Area Vision System (WAVS) camera lens and the display clean.
Use a soft, damp cloth in order to clean the display. The display has a soft plastic surface that can be easily damaged by an abrasive material. The display is not sealed. Do not immerse the display with liquid.
Use a damp cloth or water spray in order to clean the camera lens. The camera is a sealed unit. The camera is not affected by high pressure spray.
The camera is equipped with an internal heater to help counteract the effects of condensation, snow, or ice.
Note: For more information on WAVS, refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, SEBU8157, "Work Area Vision System".