- 1. Move transmission control to NEUTRAL.
- 2. Turn to engage transmission safety lock.
- 3. Pull brake control to PARK, if so equipped.
- 4. Move scraper controls to HOLD.
- 5. Turn disconnect switch ON.
- 6. Depress accelerator past detent position.
Above 60°F (16°C)
- 7. Turn switch to START.
- 8. Release switch when engine starts.
Below 60°F (16°C)
- 7. Turn switch to HEAT for indicated time.
- 8. Turn switch to START. Release switch when engine starts.
When Starting Fluid is Required
- 7. Depress tractor accelerator just past detent.
- 8. Turn switch to HEAT for indicated time.
Never operate electric starter for more than 30 seconds without allowing 2 minutes cooling before using again.
- 9. Turn switch to START and spray starting fluid sparingly into pre-cleaner while cranking.
- 10. When engine starts, it may be necessary to return switch to HEAT until engine runs smoothly. Release switch.
Starting With Boost
When using jumper cables, be sure to connect in parallel: Negative (-) to negative (-) and positive (+) to positive (+).
Use starting fluid sparingly. Follow manufacturers instructions carefully.
Never switch to HEAT when engine is warm and running.