(25)Air Cleaner Elements
Service elements if indicator shows RED with engine running.
Never service air cleaner elements while engine is running.
Servicing Primary Elements
- 1. Open access door. Remove primary element.
- 2. Clean inside of air cleaner body.
- 3. Clean and inspect element. (See page 30.)
- 4. Install clean element.
If indicator shows RED shortly after installation of clean primary element and element has been cleaned 6 to 8 times, change element.
If new primary element was used and indicator shows RED, service secondary element.
Servicing Secondary Element
- 1. Open access door and remove primary element.
- 2. Remove secondary element.
- 3. Cover air inlet opening.
- 4. Clean and inspect element. Use new gasket.
- 5. Uncover air inlet opening and install clean secondary element.
- 6. Tighten retaining nuts to 20 ± 5 lb. ft. (2,8 ± 0,7 mkg).
- 7. Install primary element. Close access door.
If indicator shows RED shortly after cleaning, change secondary element.