- 1. Remove breather cover and breather element.
- 2. Wash breather element and cover in clean solvent.
When using pressure air, wear safety face shield and protective clothing. Use 30 PSI (2 kg/cm2) maximum pressure air for cleaning purposes.
- 3. Shake or use pressure air to dry element.
- 4. Install clean breather element and cover.
Location of breather on earlier machines.
- 1. Remove cover and element.
- 2. Remove element from cover.
- 3. Clean cover.
- 4. Install new element on cover. Tighten to 10 ± 2 lb. ft. (1.4 ± 0.3 mkg).
- 5. Inspect seal on cover assembly. Use new seal if necessary.
- 6. Inspect seal in housing. Use new seal if necessary.
- 7. Install cover and element assembly.
- 8. Start engine and operate a few minutes. Check oil level, and add oil if necessary.
On earlier machines, transmission filter is located above the floor plates, behind the operator's seat.
Change this filter by following steps 1 through 8.
- 1. Machine level, equipment lowered, engine stopped and parking brake set.
- 2. Move hydraulic controls to help relieve pressure.
- 3. Loosen filler cap slowly to relieve pressure.
- 4. Remove cover, screen and filter element from housing.
- 5. Wash screens in clean solvent.
- 6. Inspect gaskets and install new ones if necessary.
- 7. Install cover, screen and element. Tighten to 43 ± 4 lb. ft. (5.9 ± 0.6 mkg).
- 8. Fill to above ADD mark in sight gauge if necessary. Leave filler cap loose.
- 9. Make sure hydraulic controls are in HOLD.
- 10. Start engine.
- 11. Check oil level and add oil if necessary.
- 12. Tighten filler cap.