Always lower all equipment before servicing hydraulic system.
Stop engine and wait at least 5 minutes before servicing filter elements.
Use clean water that is low in scale forming minerals - not softened water.
Never add coolant to an overheated engine. Allow engine to cool first.
Add AVSpare Rust Inhibitor to coolant except when using permanent-type anti-freeze containing rust inhibitors.
Check specific gravity of anti-freeze solution frequently in cold weather to assure adequate protection.
When draining cooling system, coolant should be warm and loader lever.
Cleaning Cooling System
- 1. Run engine 5 minutes. Stop engine and loosen filler cap to relieve pressure.
- 2. Remove filler cap.
- 3. Open drain valve and drain coolant.
- 4. Close drain valve and fill system with cleaning solution. *
- 5. Start and run engine 1/2hour. Stop engine and open drain valve.
- 6. Flush system with clean water until draining water is clear.
- 7. Close drain valve and fill system with neutralizing solution. **
- 8. Start and run engine 10 minutes. Stop engine and open drain valve.
- 9. Flush system with clear water.
- 10. Close drain valve and add coolant to proper level.
*1 lb. (0,45 kg) Sodium Bisulphate (NaHSO4) per 5 gal. (19 ltr.) water.
**1/2 lb. (0,23 kg) Sodium Carbonate Crystals (Na2CO3, 10H2O) per 10 gal. (37,9 ltr.) water.
NOTE: Most commercial cooling system cleaners may be used.
Serial Number Locations